What is the best thing that I love about my work?
- I love seeing changes in people. When I know that I have helped someone to get past a block or overcome something that has been stopping them from moving on with their life, the feeling is amazing.
What is my idea of perfect happiness?
- Being able to work the hours that I choose which will allow me to spend quality time with my family and have time for self-care like massages and yoga and running.
What is my greatest fear?
- Not realising my idea of perfect happiness.
What is the trait that I most deplore in myself?
- If I am not careful, I can get overwhelmed very easily with everything that needs to be done.
Which living persons in my profession do i most admire?
- I am inspired by my hypnotherapy trainer Joy Gower. She is an amazing therapist who is working in exactly the way that I want to work. Terence Watts is also one of the most incredible people that I have ever met.
What is my greatest extravagance?
- I love it when my hair looks nice (not very often these days!). I have had an expensive treatment done a couple of times in the last few years that helps me keep it looking good with minimal effort, I would love to be able to afford to do it every 6 months.
On what occasion would I lie?
- To save someone else’s feelings.
What is the thing that I dislike the most in my work?
- Not being able to help everyone that comes to see me. No therapy will help every person and when I realise that I can’t help someone, I feel really bad.
When and where was I the happiest, in my work?
- When I first set up my own little office in the clinic I am currently working. Finally, I felt like I was in the right place in my career and things were moving in the right direction.
If I could, what would I change about myself?
- I would have feet that are both the same size as each other and are a little bigger, I have one 3 and one 3.5 and finding shoes is a nightmare!
What is my greatest achievement in work?
- Each and every qualification that I attain is an achievement as I struggle to cope with the demands of 3 kids a full time job and a start up.
Where would I most like to live?
- I would love to live by the sea somewhere. Preferably in a warm place but just being by the sea would be enough.
What is my most treasured possession?
- The charm bracelet my mum and dad gave me years ago for my birthday. I have collected charms from all over the world, but mostly they have been given to me by my mum. It holds all of my important memories.
What is my most marked characteristic?
- My resilience. I have been likened to the Eveready Bunny on more than one occasion for just keeping on going.
What is my most inspirational location, in my city?
- In my village, there is a path to the forest and just off the path is a tree. I love to stand with my back pressed to the tree and watch the sunset. And I get to do some tree hugging and get grounded without looking like I’m a tree hugger 😉
What is my favourite place to eat and drink, in my city?
- There are so many amazing restaurants in Luxembourg that I really can’t choose. On some occasions I love a good steak, on others I prefer sushi. If the wine is good and the conversation and laughter are flowing, those are the most important elements.
What books influenced my life and how?
- There are no books that have influenced me that much. I enjoy good books and love to read but I prefer to take my influences from real life experiences.
Who are my favorite writers?
- I love Marian Keyes’ early work but my absolute favourite is Barbara Kingsolver, I especially love The Poisonwood Bible, it’s one of the only books that I have ever read more than once.
You Only Die Once. What music would I listen on my last day?
- I love music that I can sing along to. I would listen to all my old favourites from the 80s all the way up to now. If it has a catchy tune and I can sing to it then I love it.
Who is my hero or heroine in fiction?
- The guy from the Shawshank Redemption, h never gave up until he got his dream.
Who are my heroes and heroines in real life?
- A lot of people don’t rate her, but I really admire Madonna. She has always just gone for it and kept going for it no matter what people thought of her.
Which movie would i recommend to see once in a lifetime?
- There’s Something About Mary. It’s not deep and meaningful, but it is guaranteed to make you laugh and sometimes, that’s all you need.
What role plays art in my life and work?
- I am not arty in any way, shape or form. I like pictures and objects that please me to look at, not ones that you have to look for meaning in.
Who is my greatest fan, sponsor, partner in crime?
- My mum is my greatest fan, my husband has been my greatest sponsor and my partner in crime has changed through the seasons of my life from Rachel, to Deb, to Wendy and lots of others in between.
Whom would I like to work with in 2017?
- I want to continue to work with Terence Watts – I can learn so much from him that I think will make me an even better therapist.
Which people in my profession would i love to meet in 2017?
- I would love to attend more training weekends with the people I met earlier this year at a conference in the UK.
What project, in 2017, am I looking forward to work on?
- Really getting my business off the ground so I can focus on helping as many people as possible.
Where can you see me or my work in 2017?
- At the moment, everything about me is on my website www.foodforthought.lu, but I will shortly be rebranding to www.allaboutyou.me – watch this space!!
What do the words “Passion Never Retires” mean to me?
- Chasing retirement is what you do when you work for a living. When you are passionate about your job you will never tire of it and will want to keep going until you can no longer do it.
Which creative heroines should Peter invite to tell their story?
Alice Cappato, Annica Torneryd, Clare Marie Trono, Angie Rooker, Lyna Boyle
How can you contact me?