Katerina Mashlyatina – Illustrator/ Concept Artist
What is the best thing that I love about my work?
I like the opportunity to learn new things. Being a concept artist and Illustrator is learning a lot of different things every day, from how to shoot a bow to how to fly a spaceship.
What is my idea of perfect happiness?
It is harmony and balance within yourself and in all area of life.
What is my greatest fear?
It would be too bold to say that I’m not afraid of anything, but afraid of something in advance too silly.
What is the trait that I most deplore in myself?
Perfectionism, nothing is perfect and there is magic in it, but I’m working on it and now perfectionism is less and less in my life.
Which living persons in my profession do i most admire?
Before, I would have called certain names, but I realize now that often a lot of work, doing not well-known artists. I admire all the artists who work on films , they create worlds, it’s a huge work and we see only a small piece on the screen.
What is my greatest extravagance?
Of course these are materials for my art.
On what occasion would I lie?
It all depends on the situation, but sometimes even a lie to save, not the best choice.
What is the thing that I dislike the most in my work?
I didn’t like spending a lot of time sitting at the computer, but now I’ve fixed it
When and where was I the happiest, in my work?
When I received an offer to work as a concept artist on a futuristic film, for the first time.
If I could, what would I change about myself?
All time do small changes, without this will be impossible growth.
What is my greatest achievement in work?
At the moment, the study of 3D and VR programs.
Where would I most like to live?
No matter where, it is important what is the atmosphere there for you.
What is my most treasured possession?
All that I have now, what I was able to achieve thanks to my dedication.
What is my most marked characteristic?
What is my most inspirational location, in my city?
The sea and the Park near it.
What is my favourite place to eat and drink, in my city?
My home, the most delicious and healthy food in town is here.
What books influenced my life and how?
Now I do not read books on self-development, the time has come to live by my own book.
You Only Die Once. What music would I listen on my last day?
Piano music and a Rock.
Who is my hero or heroine in fiction?
All the characters who went on a journey and reached their goal, despite every obstacle.
Who are my heroes and heroines in real life?
People who really change the world with their ideas.
Which movie would i recommend to see once in a lifetime?
What dreams may come. The film is about how anything is possible.
What role plays art in my life and work?
Now My art is my life.
Who is my greatest fan, sponsor, partner in crime?
Whom would I like to work with in 2019?
I would like to work in a big team on a big project
Which people in my profession would i love to meet in 2019?
With guys who work in ILM.
What project, in 2019, am I looking forward to work on?
Before the end of this year, I want to complete my own big project to create peace.
Where can you see me or my work in 2019?
All my works are on my Internet pages:
What do the words “Passion Never Retires” mean to me?
Passion for work and life should always burn.
Which creative heroines should Peter invite to tell their story?
Language Tutor Yulia Shcherbakova (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuliashcherbakova231991/)
Traditional artist Luba Bychenko ( https://www.facebook.com/lubabychenko/ )
How can you contact me?
Here follows a message of Peter de Kuster, founder of the Heroine’s Journey
The Heroine’s Journey is a private tour in story rich venues of world cities with Peter de Kuster, to rewrite the story you tell yourself about yourself and your creative work and in the process transform your life and business.
What is your Story?
“Your story is your life,” says Peter. As human beings, we continually tell ourselves stories — of success or failure; of power or victimhood; stories that endure for an hour, or a day, or an entire lifetime. We have stories about ourselves, our creative business, our customers ; about what we want and what we’re capable of achieving. Yet, while our stories profoundly affect how others see us and we see ourselves, too few of us even recognize that we’re telling stories, or what they are, or that we can change them — and, in turn, transform our very destinies.
Telling ourselves stories provides structure and direction as we navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and helps us interpret our goals and skills. Stories make sense of chaos; they organize our many divergent experiences into a coherent thread; they shape our entire reality. And far too many of our stories, says Peter, are dysfunctional, in need of serious editing. First, he asks you to answer the question, “In which areas of my life is it clear that I cannot achieve my goals with the story I’ve got?” He then shows you how to create new, reality-based stories that inspire you to action, and take you where you want to go both in your work and personal life.
Our capacity to tell stories is one of our profoundest gifts. Peter’s approach to creating deeply engaging stories will give you the tools to wield the power of storytelling and forever change your business and personal life.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Heroine’s Journey.
- The Power of your Story
- Are you even trying to tell a Story?
- Old Stories (stories about you, your art, your clients, your money, your self promotion, your happiness, your health)
- Tell your current Story
- Is this Really Your Story?
YOUR NEW STORY
- The Premise of your Story. The Purpose of your Life and Art
- The words on your tombstone
- You ultimate mission, out loud
- The Seven Great Plots
- The Twelve Archetypal Heroes
- The One Great Story
- Purpose is Never Forgettable
- Questioning the Premise
- Lining up
- Flawed Alignment, Tragic Ending
- The Three Rules in Storytelling
- Write Your New Story
TURNING STORY INTO ACTION
- Turning your story into action
- Story Ritualizing
- The Storyteller and the art of story
- The Power of Your Story
- Storyboarding your creative process
- They Created and Lived Happily Ever After.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Become a great Storyteller
That’s why I set up The Heroine’s Journey in the great cities of the world. A new way to use the power of your story. To guide you to life-changing, eye-opening movies, art, literature that truly have the power to enchant, enrich and inspire.
In this journey with Peter de Kuster you’ll explore your relationship with stories so far and your unique story identity will be sketched. You will be guided to movies, art, literature, myths that can put their finger on what you want to rewrite in your story, the feelings that you may often have had but perhaps never understood so clearly before; movies that open new perspectives and re-enchant the world for you.
You will be asked to complete a questionnaire in advance of your session and you’ll be given an instant story advice and movies to see to take away. Your full story advice and movies to see list will follow within a couple of days.
Book your private story coaching tour
You can choose from three options:
- The Heroine’s Journey Short and Powerful. This is a 8 hours – private story coaching, one day, one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is Euro 2500 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring a maximum of three (business) partners to the private tour if you choose to.
- The Heroine’s Journey Intensive. This is a 16 hours – private story coaching, two days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is 5000 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring a maximum of three (business) partners to the private tour if you choose to.
- The Heroine’s Journey Impact. This is a 24 hours – private story coaching, three days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is 7500 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring a maximum of three (business) partners to the private tour if you choose to.
Please note the private tours Short and Powerful can take place in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Florence, London, Malaga, Madrid, Milan, München, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla and Venice at the moment.
The private tours Intensive and the private tours Impact are offered in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Copenhagen, Florence, London, Los Angeles, Malaga, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, München, New York, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla, Sydney, Venice and Vienna.
You can book Peter by mailing him at email@example.com
- Once you have purchased a private tour you will be given information to get in touch and arrange a date and time for your private tour.
- Private tours will take place at any given day of the week. The private tour will take place in a story rich city.
- Please note that once your appointment time and date have been confirmed, we have a forty-eight hour cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, or any no-shows will be charged. Any requests to reschedule less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, cannot be guaranteed and the original appointment will be charged for other than in exceptional circumstances.