In 2007 I had a near death experience in which I saw clearly what I would want to do with the rest of my life when I got the chance. Travel, write, true love. Be of significance. So I did. Travelled in cities of the world. Wrote tens of books. Discovered my Hero’s Journey.
On the shoulders of the mythologist Joseph Campbell who inspired me in 1999 by his life’s dedication to the study of the one great story of mankind I decided to develop a new kind of travel guide. A Hero’s Journey guide of great cities in the world filled with stories of people who live and lived in that city making their money doing what they love. The story of Gustave Eiffel for instance to remember his hero’s journey in creating the famous tower or the heroine’s journey of Coco Chanel. All these heroes and heroines of past and present created the literature, the art, the buildings, the movies, the music, the design, the opera, the life stories who inspired many of us. Their passion, their love, their journey can inspire you today on your own heroine’s journey. To make your money doing what you love. To do what you are. Inspiring us and others to come.
In 2012, with the publication of The Heroine Journey and The Hero’s Journey guides, I invited professionals all over the world to tell and share their story about their passions, what makes them happy, what are their worst enemies within, how and where to get inspiration in their city, who are their rolemodels, which projects they look forward to. In short. To tell their present story. By asking these questions I was triggering them to get away from stories and strategies based on fears or doubts and re-focussing their story on the basic drivers of all successful heroes and heroines throughout time: passion, adventure, happiness, inspiration, action-execution, a perpetual self – renewing entrepreneurial story. A Heroine’s Journey story. A Hero’s Journey story.
From the start in 2012 125.000+ professionals to date in the world – and growing every day – responded at linkedin to the question: ‘do you want to contribute with your story about your passion for your work to the Heroine’s Journey/Hero’s Journey guide’. Most of them follow the guides online. A lot of them sent their stories, their photo’s of themselves, their passion for their work, their favorite locations and the people who are important to them and started the ongoing telling and sharing of stories of professionals who follow their passion in cities and countries all over the world.
Enjoy your day!!
The Heroine’s Journey is a private tour in story rich venues of world cities with Peter de Kuster, to rewrite the story you tell yourself about yourself and your creative work and in the process transform your life and business.
What is your Story?
“Your story is your life,” says Peter. As human beings, we continually tell ourselves stories — of success or failure; of power or victimhood; stories that endure for an hour, or a day, or an entire lifetime. We have stories about ourselves, our creative business, our customers ; about what we want and what we’re capable of achieving. Yet, while our stories profoundly affect how others see us and we see ourselves, too few of us even recognize that we’re telling stories, or what they are, or that we can change them — and, in turn, transform our very destinies.
Telling ourselves stories provides structure and direction as we navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and helps us interpret our goals and skills. Stories make sense of chaos; they organize our many divergent experiences into a coherent thread; they shape our entire reality. And far too many of our stories, says Peter, are dysfunctional, in need of serious editing. First, he asks you to answer the question, “In which areas of my life is it clear that I cannot achieve my goals with the story I’ve got?” He then shows you how to create new, reality-based stories that inspire you to action, and take you where you want to go both in your work and personal life.
Our capacity to tell stories is one of our profoundest gifts. Peter’s approach to creating deeply engaging stories will give you the tools to wield the power of storytelling and forever change your business and personal life.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Heroine’s Journey.
- The Power of your Story
- Are you even trying to tell a Story?
- Old Stories (stories about you, your art, your clients, your money, your self promotion, your happiness, your health)
- Tell your current Story
- Is this Really Your Story?
YOUR NEW STORY
- The Premise of your Story. The Purpose of your Life and Art
- The words on your tombstone
- You ultimate mission, out loud
- The Seven Great Plots
- The Twelve Archetypal Heroes
- The One Great Story
- Purpose is Never Forgettable
- Questioning the Premise
- Lining up
- Flawed Alignment, Tragic Ending
- The Three Rules in Storytelling
- Write Your New Story
TURNING STORY INTO ACTION
- Turning your story into action
- Story Ritualizing
- The Storyteller and the art of story
- The Power of Your Story
- Storyboarding your creative process
- They Created and Lived Happily Ever After.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Become a great Storyteller
That’s why I set up The Heroine’s Journey in the great cities of the world. A new way to use the power of your story. To guide you to life-changing, eye-opening movies, art, literature that truly have the power to enchant, enrich and inspire.
In this journey with Peter de Kuster you’ll explore your relationship with stories so far and your unique story identity will be sketched. You will be guided to movies, art, literature, myths that can put their finger on what you want to rewrite in your story, the feelings that you may often have had but perhaps never understood so clearly before; movies that open new perspectives and re-enchant the world for you.
You will be asked to complete a questionnaire in advance of your session and you’ll be given an instant story advice and movies to see to take away. Your full story advice and movies to see list will follow within a couple of days.
Book your private story coaching tour
You can choose from three options:
- The Heroine’s Journey Short and Powerful. This is a 8 hours – private story coaching, one day, one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is Euro 2500 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring a maximum of three (business) partners to the private tour if you choose to.
- The Heroine’s Journey Intensive. This is a 16 hours – private story coaching, two days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is 5000 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring a maximum of three (business) partners to the private tour if you choose to.
- The Heroine’s Journey Impact. This is a 24 hours – private story coaching, three days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is 7500 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring a maximum of three (business) partners to the private tour if you choose to.
Please note the private tours Short and Powerful can take place in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Florence, London, Malaga, Madrid, Milan, München, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla and Venice at the moment.
The private tours Intensive and the private tours Impact are offered in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Copenhagen, Florence, London, Los Angeles, Malaga, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, München, New York, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla, Sydney, Venice and Vienna.
You can book Peter by mailing him at email@example.com
- Once you have purchased a private tour you will be given information to get in touch and arrange a date and time for your private tour.
- Private tours will take place at any given day of the week. The private tour will take place in a story rich city.
- Please note that once your appointment time and date have been confirmed, we have a forty-eight hour cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, or any no-shows will be charged. Any requests to reschedule less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, cannot be guaranteed and the original appointment will be charged for other than in exceptional circumstances.