Why are busy working people so eager to help strangers enter their business? Why are they willing to take time away from their work? To disclose trade secrets? To train their own possible competition? They do it for a number of reasons?
- They love what they do and they love sharing it with others (Don’t you get excited talking about the things you love – especially to people who also love them?)
- They want to give back for all the help they received when they were getting started.
- They want to give to others what they didn’t get themselves, to spare others their own mistakes.
- They like the energy that a passionate newcomer brings.
- They enjoy the act of teaching and the pride that comes from being asked for advice.
- They believe in their occupation and want to see the profession grow.
- They’re reminded that they have dream jobs themselves, and appreciate with fresh eyes how much they have learned and accomplished.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of the Testdrive your Dream Job journey.
- Just Do It
- The Search for Mentors
- Questions to Ask
- Telling Your Story
- Finding the Right Mentor
- A Mentor of Your Own
- Doing the Testdrive
- Questions for the Mentor
- Choose a Cheerleader
- Should I Hire a Coach?
- Listening with your Heart
- Evaluating the Testdrive
- Not Your Dream Job After All?
- Your Heroine’s Journey
- What About Obstacles?
- They Created Happily Ever After
Your Travel Guide
Story teller Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey en The Hero’s Journey and an accomplished speaker worldwide. His books and stories about the Hero’s Journey – making money doing what you love – have reached millions of creative professionals worldwide in the last decennium.