Whether you need someone to support your organization, invest in your idea, or get excited about following your lead, refining your storytelling skills can help. In this seminar, you’ll learn storytelling tips and techniques from Peter de Kuster. You’ll create a story brief to identify your key stakeholders, their needs, and your big idea; explore different mediums for telling your story and create multiple versions to gather feedback from others; and work on tone, style, and timing to better engage your audience.
This seminar will help you craft a compelling narrative, inspire others to follow your lead, and connect with diverse audiences. Gain feedback from a global community inside the seminar and walk away with confidence in your ability to motivate people toward a vision and make meaningful change in the world through storytelling.
Introduction Learn about the science of storytelling and choose your story theme.
- Get a brief overview of how the course works.
- Choose a story theme that will guide the development of your story throughout the course.
- Discussion: Think about the challenges in your work today. What’s one way storytelling can help you address them?
Develop Your Blueprint Identify your key stakeholders, their needs, and your big idea.
- Identify your audience, the big idea (key takeaway) of your story, and choose the medium.
- Discussion: Think of a time you empathized with another person or group of people. How did empathizing impact you? The group? What insights did you gather once you stepped into someone else’s shoes?
- Activity: Write your story brief.
Build Storytelling Prototypes Get your story out of your head and into the hands (and minds) of others for feedback.
- Get tangible and comfortable with sharing ideas that are in progress.
- Discussion: Think about a time you learned from an early failure. How did that failure help you move forward?
- Activity: Prototype your story, share the draft, reflect on feedback.
Tell Stories for Impact Develop your tone, style, and timing to better engage your audience.
- Make your story more human and inspirational by adding your secret sauce—your voice, your emotion, your perspective, and your vision.
- Discussion: Reflect on a recent presentation that moved you. Did it motivate you? What inspired you? What worked? What didn’t?
- Activity: Iterate your manuscript or storyboard and start prototyping in your final medium.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Why Take Storytelling for Impact
Storytelling is an essential tool for creativity. This three day seminar can help you get past the power-point slides and make your stories and presentations more impact rich. Learn to engage your audience—whether it be your colleagues, clients, or a stadium of onlookers—and motivate people toward change by telling stories that sound and feel unmistakably human. Catalyze people toward action and start creating impact through the power of storytelling.
This Seminar Will Help You
- Learn to express your ideas clearly, visually, and emotionally.
- Determine the big idea (or key takeaway) of your story.
- Prototype and practice your story by testing out your ideas and gathering feedback as you refine your narrative.
- Tell stories your audience wants to hear and take people on an emotional journey.
- Craft your own story or presentation.
- Create impact through your story.
Join us for a truly transformational vacation for the mind.
The price of this three day storytelling seminar in Amsterdam is Euro 2850 excluding VAT per person
You can reach Peter for questions about dates and the program by mailing him at email@example.com
09.40 Tea & Coffee on arrival at the Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
10.00 Morning Session
13.00 Lunch Break
14.00 Afternoon Session