Testdrive Your Dreamjob – Three Day Journey in Paris
Yes, you can try your hand at the business of your dreams without risking your present job or business, your next mortgage payment, or your kid’s future. In Testdrive Your Dreamjob you will discover how meeting your rolemodels and spending a few days working with them – can be the first step toward making that dream come true
- Plan a “dream business” of your own;
- Build the skills and gather the knowledge you will need to embark on your new business;
- Overcome the fear of changing;
- Turn a layoff or other involuntary change into the opportunity of a lifetime;
- Design and create a dream business that doesn’t exist …yet;
- Manage a smooth, safe transition from your present job or business to your dream business.
- Minimize financial risk as you embark on your bold new life
Creative people have made a testdrive in their dream business or profession for centuries and many generations. Talking to or even working with somebody who does the creative work they would love to do or explore. For architects, artists, designers, writers, cooks, actors etcera it is quit normal. Mostly however something you do at the start of your creative career. You can do it any time in your career however. To sharpen the story you tell yourself about you, your work, your business, what you are capable of doing. In meeting a mentor, somebody who has a creative dream business in your eyes and makes money with it.
Years ago I started advising creative people who started their business to do a Taste of Happiness, to make a Testdrive in their Dream Business. Speaking with a heroine or hero who has your dream business. It can save you years and a lot of money having direct feedback and stories of someone who does what you feel you would love to do. Almost everybody who has made a testdrive has come out of it with a more clear story and more determination than ever to make their dream business come true. They landed exciting projects, started an education or found other ways to further their dream business. After years of fantasizing their Testdrive has given them in hours or days the strength to come into action.
Partly this was due to a learning effect – the concrete knowledge they gained about the business of their dreams. Partly it was the mentor who held their hand, gave their confidence a boost en offered them help. Partly it was the contacts they made, which made the next steps more simple.
But the most important of all, next to these practical matters, was something different. The Testdrive in Your Dreamjob awakened and gave energy to something deep inside of them, a part that once awakened, refused to be ignored. Know that when you consider a dream business it not only is about how you spend your hours at work. Het is about the connection between your work and the deepest feeling about yourself. It is about doing what you love, work that energizes you instead of exhausts you, work which has meaning for you.
Twelve reasons for a Testdrive in Your Dreamjob
1. To make a testdrive in your dream business before you committ yourself to a business
2. To find a mentor
3. To learn about the ins and outs of a business
4. To make contacts in a profession or market
5. To raise your confidence level
6. To explore a passion
7. To satisfy your curiosity about ‘ the road not taken’
8. To test possible businesses when you don’t know yet what you want
9. To make an unusual, exciting journey
10. To try out something new and challenge yourself in new ways
11. To create a new story about yourself, your present company, job, lifestyle and future
12. To reconnect with some passion(s) inside of you
Day One. You Can Do It – One Step at a Time. Testdrive Your Dreamjob; how does it work; How to deal with fear? How to research your dreamjob.
Day Two. Meeting three different mentors during the day for one to two hours. Making the Testdrives in your Dreamjob
Day Three. Evaluation of the Testdrives. What is your story about your Dreambusiness now? Making your Action Plan. When Things Don’t Go According to the Plan.
We start at Shakespeare and Company bookstore and travel in the footsteps of Julia Child three days through Paris
Dates in 2019 for this three day Journey
The event will be led by Peter de Kuster – Founder of The Heroine’s Journey
Euro 2850 excluding VAT
- One ticket* to the three-day event led by Peter de Kuster
- One or two meetings with mentors/role models in Paris who have your dreamjob
- The right to have your story of your passion for your work at The Heroine’s Journey online after the Testdrive Your Dreamjob trip
- Morning & afternoon refreshments throughout the event
When you want to book your Testdrive Your Dreamjob trip mail us at email@example.com for a skype meeting with Peter de Kuster.