Business Storytelling Bootcamp in Paris: The Story Connection
The single most important skill of modern leadership is empathy.
CEOs around the world engaged in professional coaching are focussing their efforts on how to bring compassion into their leadership and communication, how to cultivate deep listening skills and how to truly step into story of another – whether it be a team member, customer or competitor.
The uncompromising and ruthless leadership traits once regarded essential for getting ahead in business success are rapidly becoming a marker of an out of touch organisation. If we are going to lead a successful career, signal our capacity for leadership to our employers, create a more loyal and productive team and more realistically understand our stakeholders, empathic leadership is the north star to get us there.
Join fellow participants for an intensive day-long workshop including an introduction to storytelling, how to unerstand your client’s stories, making the story connection, emotional intelligence, key skills with practical applications on how we can develop storytelling leadership, and networking with other curious business- storytelling minded individuals.
WHAT WE EXPLORE
Part One: Leadership
- Discuss the overall nature of leadership and how it has changed through history
- Take a realistic look at some of the trials of leadership, and how to tackle them
- Develop a more compassionate approach to ourselves to improve our relationships with others
- Learn to communicate clear purpose to clients and colleagues
- Build a more productive workforce by demonstrating trust in employees or subordinates
Part Two: Storytelling
- Consider the differences between empathy and sympathy
- Practise using empathic storytelling as a way of building connection and overcoming conflict
- Consider the use of empathic storytelling in devising products and solutions that will work well for other people
- Practise anticipating the needs and stories of other people
Part Three: Your Clients Story
- Practise story questing and listening to what others are implying as well as what they are saying directly
- Practise listening in an insightful and emotionally supportive way
- Consider the art of when and how to give advice and feedback
- Consider ways to demonstrate availability and supportiveness through action as well as words
ABOUT BUSINESS STORYTELLING BOOTCAMPS
It is universally recognised that alongside technical skills, people who can master a range of sophisticated storytelling, creative and emotional skills are better able to thrive, manage themselves and succeed at work.
Our business storytelling bootcamps are designed to help participants navigate the challenges of work in the 21st Century.
Join fellow participants for an intensive day-long workshop including an introduction to business storytelling , key skills with practical applications, and networking with other curious business storytelling -minded individuals.
9.15 am Arrival & refreshments at Hotel Lutetia in Paris
9.30 pm Module 1: Leadership (incl. tea break)
12.00 pm Lunch (Included)
1.00 pm Module 2: Storytelling (incl. tea break)
3.15 pm Module 3: Your Clients Story
5.15 pm Finish & reflection
5.30 pm Close
You can have a preview of The Story Connection on a special website here
The price of this one day storytelling seminar is Euro 995 excluding VAT per person
When you want to attend with 2 or more people there are special prices.
You can reach Peter for questions about dates and the program by mailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’ s Journey & The Hero’s Journey
Peter is founder of the Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey project where worldwide thousands of professionals shared their story of making money doing what you love. He wrote 50+ books. Peter has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
You can contact Peter at email@example.com