Whoever you are – you can lead by using stories to effect change. Filled with myriad examples, The Young Leader’s Story shows you how storytelling is one of the few available ways to handle the principal and most difficult challenges of leadership: sparking action, getting people to work together, and leading people into the future. The right kind of story at the right time can make an audience ‘stunningly vulnerable’ to a new idea.
The Young Leader’s Story is a six-day, interactive learning journey with Peter de Kuster to support young and emerging leaders to harness this time of uncertainty for their own personal and professional growth.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS PROGRAM?
- A greater understanding of your purpose and what drives you in your work.
- The ability to harness that purpose or drive in order to inspire and align your team.
- Frameworks to better understand team dynamics and manage conflict.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Problem-solving approaches that can be applied to personal or professional challenges.
- A community of peers to learn with and from.
- A bright and shiny (digital) certificate of completion!
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- Young creative professionals (aged 25-39) with at least five years of work experience.
- People entering their first (or second) leadership role.
- Purpose-driven individuals looking to have societal impact.
- Young creative leaders from diverse sectors and backgrounds.
Exploring your purpose
Explore your Quest Story – what drives you and how to find meaning in the work you do. Set your personal learning goal for the program.
DAY 2 & 3
Envisioning your Future Story
Envision your future self, your personal business model, and your team. Challenge your own assumptions and the beliefs that hold you back.
DAY 4 & 5
In the Company of Heroes
Recognize your archetypal role within the team you lead. Understand the team dynamics and how to influence them.
Influencing without authority
Learn storytelling influencing tactics to bring people on board with your vision. Explore the underlying needs required to influence with integrity.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
PROGRAM DATES & DEADLINES
12 JULY 2021 – 17 JULY 2021
Euro 1.650 excluding VAT per person excluding travel expenses
+ 3 Coaching sessions: Euro 960 excluding VAT
+ 6 Coaching sessions: Euro 1720 excluding VAT
Apply Now by contacting Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org