The Heroine’s Journey at Cannes Lions course is intimate, intensive instruction in the ideas, frameworks, and approaches of great storytelling.
This annual course, taught personally by Peter de Kuster, certifies creative professionals, entrepreneurs, executives, coaches, consultants, and trainers as officially endorsed experts in The Heroine’s Journey rich portfolio of storytelling frameworks, story questing tools and methods. The journey in a story rich world city provides in-depth coverage of storytelling principles and models, training and practice in creative business storytelling techniques, and approaches for effectively sharing these ideas with others. The focus is on transferring knowledge, skills and resources necessary for creating and enhancing compelling stories — either for external clients or internal employees
The Heroine’s Journey Cannes Lions Course provides:
- Five days of face-to-face instruction with Peter de Kuster
- Five-year authorization to practice the endorsed storytelling methods and models
- Special partner website with all storytelling frameworks and models used in the course, plus a list of exemplars for each model and facilitation instructions for all exercises
- The right to use the name ‘Partner of The Heroine’s Journey’ for use in your promotional materials, business cards, and marketing and training collateral
- Personal foreword in your book, or your website, or your materials by Peter de Kuster telling about our partnership.
- One day follow-up session, after being certified, with Peter de Kuster to be spent with either you alone, with your staff/employees, or with client(s), to jump-start the application of your certification training.
The five-day course covers the following:
- Monday – Envisioning The Heroine’s Journey value for your business
- Tuesday – Telling your Story. Hitting the Sweet Spot (3 Golden Rules of Storytelling) and PLOT-ing
- Wednesday – What is your Story? Customizing your stories by Archetypes (12) and Four Types of Mass Story Customization
- Thursday – Your Clients Story. Directing yourself, your clients, your employees to act via business storytelling.
- Friday – Putting it All together. Rewrite your Story, Transform your Life and Business with The Heroine’s Journey
- Each day consists of:
- 1/3 of day: Presentation of storytelling frameworks and models
- 1/3 of day: Participation in facilitated storytelling exercises and review of story questionnaires
- 1/3 of day: Open discussion among participants and ideation about alternative storytelling applications specific to each participant’s needs
The dedicated follow-up session provides an opportunity for each certified instructor to work side-by-side with Peter de Kuster in applying the learned course material. This not only helps to ensure the course work becomes translated into action, but it enables Peter to offer additional feedback based on real-world interaction.
Admission into the course requires:
- Submission of the The Heroine’s Journey Cannes Lions course questionnaire. Each questionnaire is individually reviewed by Peter de Kuster, who then makes the determination of accepted candidates
- Pre-course skype call with Peter to discuss your personal objectives for leveraging the training and Certification.
The application steps ensure that we admit only those candidates who demonstrate sufficient acuity with the principles outlined in The Heroine’s Journey and who have compelling plans for leveraging their Certification within their business, their work, their organization or with their clients.
Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Dates: June 14th – 22nd, 2018
Cannes Lions as Global Classroom for Storytelling
LOCATION: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity (Cannes, France)
The comprehensive access to festival seminars, workshops, master-classes, and related industry sessions deepens the programme’s classroom learning. Special meetings with rolemodels in the industry, including some of the biggest names in the creative communications and media industries. With the help of individualized advice throughout, participants will develop and refine plans for leading their respective agencies, companies, and partnerships to greater, more sustainable storytelling excellence. The course concludes with individual roadmap presentations and a group assessment of the best strategies for generating impact with storytelling.
NOTE: From 10:00 – 17:00, participants engage in daily festival fieldwork, seminars, and individual/partnership advisement activities. Festival fieldwork includes general festival programming as well.
Fees & Registration
Programme Cost: 7,895 EUR
Programme package includes: Four days of intensive instruction prior to Cannes Lions (June 14-17), full-week delegate pass to the Cannes Lions Festival (June 18-22), meetings with rolemodels from your industry, personal advice from Peter de Kuster, complimentary lunches and a graduation certificate
An invoice for 50% is assessed upon acceptance into the Course. The remaining fees will be invoiced 30 days prior to the Course, and must be paid in full prior to attendance.
Questions? Contact Peter de Kuster at 0031 6 33661772 or mail him at email@example.com